The Open Discovery Space Summer School 2015 is a certified course by EC’s Education Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency and it is officially registered on EC’s School Education Gateway Course Catalogue.
The aim of the Academy is to support school innovation and to train school leaders and leading members of school staff to promote the development of their schools into open learning communities, and thus improve the quality of all aspects of schooling.
You will be trained on how to promote innovation in your school by:
- using the school innovation tool-kit, that has been developed by the Open Discovery Space project and is being used by more that 2000 schools across Europe.
- strengthening your organisational and administrative skills, as defined by the UNESCO ICT competence framework to level KC.5, i.e. being able to play a leadership role in training, providing follow-up support to colleagues and in creating and implementing a vision of your school as a community based on innovation and continuous learning enriched by ICT.
- addressing resistance to change within the school and improving your change management skills,
- introducing new ways of producing, accessing and using educational content,
- opening up the school to pupils' parents and successfully engage them throughout schooling,
- familiarising yourself with game-based learning tools and approaches,
- fostering sharing and collaboration,
- systematically acting as a change leader in your school as a developing community.